The international federation of medical student association is an nongovernmental, non profitable organization officially registered within the Iraqi parliament. IFMSA Iraq has the full membership within the international federation of medical student association and it commits to develop the health care sector and make sure that everyone enjoys a sufficient degree of public health in addition IFMSA Iraq aims to enhance the Iraqi medical student part with in the medical education system.
The international federation of medical student association was established in 1951 in Denmark and it’s considered to be one of the oldest and largest organisation officially ruled and fully controlled by students themselves as it represent and connect 1.4 million students from 127 different country around the world. In Iraq the association was established in 2012 and gained the full membership in 2015 and in 2018-2019 the association as more than 5000 Iraqi students from 15 different Iraqi cities.
MISSION AND AIMS
It aims for a small Iraq of medical students where students can connect under one umbrella in order to share their ideas and could be able to reach a better understanding of the worldwide medical issues. It aims to unit medical students to lead positively effective projects on our community that we serve. IFMSA Iraq represent the ideas and ambition of health Iraqi leaders, in addition the association provide their members with trainings, Exchange programms, to gain the important skills to reach a better health care system in the near future that will reflect positively on our country future and development.
- To expose medical students to humanitarian and global health issues, providing them with the opportunity to educate themselves and their peers;
- To facilitate partnerships between the medical student community and international organizations working on health, education, and medicine;
- To give medical students the opportunity to take part in clinical and research exchanges worldwide;
- To provide a network that links active medical students across the globe, including student leaders, project managers, and activists, so that they can learn from and be motivated by each other;
- To provide an international framework in which medical student projects can be initiated, developed and implemented;
- To empower and train medical students to take a role in bringing about the necessary changes to improve the health of all global citizens.